Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Chinese take-out

The Queen and I were celebrating my children being gone for a weekend and we decided to order Chinese carry out (with June). We spent a lot of time putting together our order and finally, I place it. When we all drove up to the restaurant to get the carry-out we gave our name. The girl behind the counter didn't speak English very well, so she was going by phone numbers. She kept saying a phone number and we didn't recognize it, so we kept looking at each other with question marks on our faces and then back at her (and repeat). Finally it dawned on me, I had given them their own phone number (it was on the list), not the Queen's. When I finally blurted it out, The Queen turned to me and shouted "Doofus". See below for an example of the kind of look The Queen had on her face. (It can be frightening). The whole restaurant turned to look and we started laughing so hard we nearly peed our pants (The Queen might have). The funniest part was the other Chinese young men in the restaurant laughing at the girl - cuz she didn't recognize their number any more than I did. It was a pretty sad display of intelligence that evening!

No comments: