
In 2004, to keep us all occupied on the anniversary of the death of our beloved Cubbie (father of The Diva and HotDog, pictured above with Huggles), The Queen's family and my family went to the zoo for a day of togetherness. Below is The Queen with her Cabana Boy for a rare smile together (LOL).

Above is the LittleJihada carrying HotDog on her shoulders through the acquariam. It was kind of kool. So anyway, the zoo was an hour away and we were all quite tired when we got back. The Queen and I decided to go downtown to get us all something to eat (it had been a long day and we were all very hungry). We had to park and walk around to find some place that was still open and we finally found a Panera bread. We got our food (or did we? I might be making that up - I can't remember if we ever got food or ended up having to go somewhere else). Anyway, on the way back to the car, we were talking (and dragging cuz we were so tired) and all of a sudden I saw stars and started stumbling back a bit. Turns out I had walked into a construction sign (on poles big enough for me to walk through and under, kind of). The sign warned of construction - but the diamond corner caught me right in the head and stopped all forward progress. The crowds, sitting at the outdoor seating of the local restaurants all got real quiet for a moment (aside from the whispered "oooh, that had to hurt) and then The Queen burst out into laughter so hard I thought she was going to pee her pants.( CORRECTION Posted by the Queen : She DID pee her pants. Remember, I was concerned about sitting in your car afterwards.) Nice sympathy. So for the rest of the walk to the car (a few blocks), all of those walking near us had to share their stories of similar stupid moves and the mortification that went with them (like simply walking into the sign wasn't bad enough). I have to admit, my head was a bit numb, and I was just thankful I didn't get caught between the poles and have to be carried off on a flatbed, stuck in the sign. Nice place for a sign by the way. Oh well, I've had worse (stay tuned).
3 comments:
Rare smile? Are you making that up too? I'm always laughing around him! But, I don't think I've ever peed my pants laughing at him.
I woke up thinking about the Chinese carry out time - so that might be coming up next.
My God! I nearly peed my pants again just reading that! Huggles asked me if I could leave the room because I was disturbing him. Princess Jihada finally had her guess confirmed. Her mother is the wierd one after all.
And I don't think we had any food. Seems we finally just pulled into Wendy's or something since it was a Sunday and everything was closed.
February 22, 2007 11:14 PM
Post a Comment