Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Parking in Auto City during the big countdown

The kids are up north for the week, so I decided to go out with a few friends from work (Henry's Horselss Carraige Company) to say good-bye to one of our good friends. The city was hopping, all kinds of people walking around and going to going-away parties as many prepare to leave (mostly voluntarily at this point). So, parking was a bit of a challenge. I chose to park a few blocks away, leaving myself plenty of room and not minding the walk. I pulled up in front of the meter and fed it enough coins to last a few hours, just in case. After chatting for awhile, I came out to go home and work on our new blog. Police cars were crawling all over the parking lots and streets. It was kind of interesting. Anway, I walked up to the car and noticed a piece of paper on my windshield. Sure enough, it was a ticket. Couldn't figure it out until I noticed I was parked right in front of both meters, yes, that would be centered right on the yellow line. Lined up perfectly, right over it. And look, now I have a prize for it - a $40 ticket! I could have sworn it was the other guy's fault though, I am sure I parked right next to another car. . . (OK, I might be making that one up - but it is making me feel better about being so clueless).
So anyway, I think the next week or two or going to be more of the same. All kinds of people walking around, some happy about moving on to their next work adventure or retirement, some a little apprehensive, and some just downright in a daze. I'll keep you posted about the goings on in AutoCity over the next few weeks, maybe.

No comments: